Sunday, August 2, 2015

July Running Recap

Hello all! I was a little disappointed with my overall running mileage for July: 51.75 miles. In both May and June I was over 60 miles, and I wanted that number to keep increasing until my half in November, but when I take a close look at the month, it's not as bad as it seems.


The first 8 days of July, we were in Spain, and I only did 1.15 miles of running. :-o I did do a pretty monstrous hike on Saturday, July 5th...it was over 10 miles and very tiring. Once we got back from Spain, I was more consistent, especially these past two weeks. On top of my running, I also cycled 61.85 miles, which isn't too much in the cycling world, but it's pretty good for me. :)

In addition to the training I did, I was happy with my performance in the Eagle Creek Triathlon (recap here) in the middle of July. In addition to running/cycling, we also went mountain biking for the first time and kayaking which was fun. July turned out to be a great month!

In August I have a conference in Columbus, Ohio, then a wedding in Mexico City in the middle of the month. School starts back up again on the 24th. I hope to run at least 60 miles, cycle 100, and get some solid swims in. I am considering doing an Olympic triathlon at the end of September, so August has to be a solid training month. :) Have a great Sunday, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment