Monday, September 8, 2014

Exciting News

Very exciting news! On Friday night, my husband went to Indy to help his parents with some errands, so I decided to go out to a bar with some friends. He had the car, so the plan was that he would come pick me up when he got back into town. He texted me around 11:30 saying he was almost back, so I said my goodbyes and went out to wait for him. When he arrived, I hopped in the car, started talking to him, and he said "shhh!" and pointed to the backseat. He had brought home a beautiful puppy dog!

A new doggie!
We had been talking about getting a dog for about a month now, and he had actually told me that friends of his parents had a 6 month old lab that needed a home. I thought she might be a potential dog for us, but then he had told me that she was a rescue and he wasn't sure if we should get a rescue. This was just a lie to throw me off so that he could surprise me! We spent all weekend deciding on a name, and we ended up choosing Nova.

Because my schedule is being changed around quite a bit with having a doggie around, I'm going to start trying to run in the mornings. I did a very short run this morning, but I had slept longer than I wanted to, so I didn't want to take the time to do a longer run. Tomorrow I'm going to try to knock out 4 miles bright and early.

That's all for now. Time to go play with Nova! :)

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on your new dog! Rescue animals are the best! Will she be a running buddy?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely hope so! They say don't run with them until they are at least 1 year old, so I am trying to wait, but it's hard! I think she'll be a great running buddy. :)

    ReplyDelete