Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Lent 2015!

Lent starts today for those of you who participate. I am not really that religious, but I always recognized Lent growing up, so I guess it's just out of habit that I still do it. When I was a kid, I would usually give up either french fries or chocolate (which would still be hard for me today!). As most of you know, I eat a vegetarian diet semi-frequently, but usually am not very strict and don't keep it up for too long. I have decided that I will go vegetarian for lent. I like how it makes me plan my meals in advance and really focus on what I'm eating; plus, I believe there are a ton of ethical and environmental advantages to being vegetarian. I'm pumped to commit to it at least until Easter!

Last week Nova turned 1 year old! Here are her birthday glamour shots. :)




I'm excited about this because now I feel like I can start to run with her--although for larger dogs like her, they often recommend waiting until they are a year and a half. This means that I am going to only bring her on runs that are less than 1 mile for at least the next 3 months or so. Yesterday I took her with me for the first .65 miles of my run, which she seemed to like. I did notice that she was getting tired towards the end, but that's probably because I let her push the pace at the beginning (< 7:00/mile for the first half mile...way too fast for me). She must have been semi-worn out afterwards though because she was sitting next to me on the couch like a weirdo.


Hope everyone has a fabulous day! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment