Thursday, October 1, 2015

September Recap

Wow! I cannot believe that September is already over...it honestly feel like we just rolled out of August. I am going to try to join Hanna in the October streaking challenge (one blog post for everyday of October), so you should be seeing a lot of me this month. :) I thought I'd kick it off with a recap of my running in September.

Up until about the first weekend in September, I was considering doing an olympic triathlon on September 28, so I had been working out a lot, but not necessarily running as much as I wanted to. On the weekend of the 6th, I decided to put the triathlon off until next year...I have been trying to focus on only doing things that I can put full effort into, and not just doing things to put a check in a box. Anyway, because of that, I had a high (for me) mileage month--in fact, my highest mileage ever!

September Running Recap
If you can read my total down there, you will see that I ran 94.57 miles this month! I was tempted to go out and run another 0.43 just to get it to a round 95, but I figured that would be silly and somewhat compulsive. :)

I have a half marathon on November 7th, so I made a loose plan that is basically a combination of the Hal Hidgon Intermediate Plan and this random plan I found when I was looking for alternate races. I started adding in speed training this week with 8x400. I haven't done regular speed work since I've gotten into long distance running, or incorporated it into training for a half, so I'm excited about this addition. I was in track in high school, and actually enjoy this interval-type training more than long runs. :)

I hope to get at least 100 miles in October which I shouldn't have any problem doing. I did my first half marathon back in November of 2013, and followed the Hal Hidgon Novice 1 plan. I was pretty strict with it, and I probably only skipped a handful of runs in the entire 12 week plan. Last year, however, I was horrible about following the plan (maybe because I was less nervous since I had already run a half before?), and ended up with a slightly slower finishing time, and a monthly total of 36 miles the month before my half. :-| What! I guess I have learned a lot in the past year about running, and how to properly train, because I don't even remember thinking that I wasn't running enough. I'm so glad to be reading so many running blogs and runnit which teach me a ton about running: fueling properly, training, resting, stretching, racing, etc! Thanks everyone. :)

My goal is to finish my half marathon in less than two hours. This race pace predictor thinks that I can do it, so now I just have to have confidence in myself. :)

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great month! Good luck with your October goals!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with your October goals and blogging streak! I'm looking forward to following along. I'm running a half on Nov. 8th so it'll be fun to track our training progress!

    ReplyDelete