Friday, July 1, 2016

June in Review

Wow! Can anyone believe that June is already over? I don't have too many updates, since I have been doing updates once a week, but I did have an exciting accomplishment in June:

June running in review
In the month of June I ran 102.39 miles. This is my first time ever running more than 100 miles in a month! :) I have come close a few times before (I think I had a 94 and a 95 mile month when training for my last half marathon), but this is the first time I actually did it. As long as everything keeps going well, I think July, August, and September will also be 100+ running months. :)

The end of June also means we are halfway through the year. In 2014, I ran almost exactly 600 miles. Last year, I ran about 630. My goal at the beginning of the year was just to have more miles than last year. Currently, I have run 406 miles in 2016. This morning, I added up all of the miles on my marathon schedule, and found I have 500 more miles before (and including) my marathon in October. This means that as long as I can run 100 miles between October 10 and the end of the year, I can get 1000 miles for the year! That seemed totally out of reach at the beginning of the year, but now I'm thinking it's totally possible. :)

That's all for today. I have lots of work to do so I feel like I can relax over the weekend. :)

What are you doing for the long weekend?
Did you have a good June?


No comments:

Post a Comment