Thursday, November 6, 2014

Busy Week!

This week has been insanely busy! For my Master's work, I built a balance board that can be modified in real time. Basically, I can control how hard or easy it is to balance on the board. This can be interesting, because it can put healthy people in unstable regions--allowing us to learn about instabilities and why they occur. The balance board looks like this:


Now that I've finished my Master's, part of my PhD work includes testing the board on different human populations. I did some pilot testing for my thesis, but now we are doing full blown studies with college-aged students. The testing takes a little less than an hour and a half, and we just put people through various conditions on the board. We've already tested 7 people this week! It's very interesting work and I like getting to see people use the board I built, but it sure is exhausting.

Outside of school work, I haven't made time to run much this week. I did a 3 miler on Tuesday morning before I went to campus, but that's it. Hopefully today I will squeeze in at least 3-4 miles and maybe some time on the stationary bike. The time change is killing me since it's dark by the time I get home! Have a good rest of the week, everyone! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment