Sunday, November 30, 2014

Thanksgiving Recap

Hello all! Hope you had a great Thanksgiving, black Friday, and weekend. Let me start off with a recap of our Turkey Trot. We ran a 5k on Thanksgiving, the same one we had participated in last year; however, they moved locations. I was slightly worried because this was the course
which I thought looked very twisty-turny for only 3.1 miles. It ended up being quite nice though! It was pretty cold, actual temp was about 28, but it felt much colder. So cold that D started the race with his winter coat on. -_- I was not a fan, but the course had a short loop before it went past the start, so he was able to just drop it off there. Despite the cold, I felt really good, and was determined to run fast (for me). I ended up with a time of 26:04, which is a PR! I was very pumped to do so well, and my friend Bethany (who lives close, so also runs the Turkey Trot...as does her whole family), finished about 20 seconds behind me and D, which is a PR for her as well! Good day. :)

After that, we went home for a quick breakfast, and to get ready for our first Thanksgiving feast which was in Indy at D's aunt's house. We drove there, and ate some delicious food, drank some delicious wine, and got to visit with lots of great people. We left there around 3:15, stopped at home to get the doggie, then went to my parent's house. There weren't too many people there (just my sister and her family, and my grandma), but my aunt and uncle did come a little later.

We ended up spending the night at my parent's house, then drove home around noon, after eating breakfast and coloring with some cute little girls. :) The rest of the day wasn't extremely exciting, but it was definitely relaxing. On Saturday we went to a coffee shop all morning to study, then came home and cleaned out the gutters, raked the yard, and picked up sticks. Maybe not my first choice of things to do, but so glad it's done, and our yard does look much better. D's dad also came over and put up some blinds, so now we FINALLY have all of our windows covered. It is very awkward to feel like people can see into your living room at night!

Today we had a slow start, but I'm planning on getting a semi-long run in before the rain (it certainly looks like it's going to rain anytime now), and D went to campus to work. After I run, I am going to work on some research and study some more for area exams. We had a fun extended weekend, I hope everyone else did too! We didn't do any shopping on Black Friday, but I am considering trying to get some good Cyber Monday deals. :) Have a good rest of the weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment